Licensed Professional Counselor, MA, LPC, NCC
Sometimes we get stuck in unhealthy or destructive patterns that can hinder our ability to truly be happy and productive. My counseling services can assist couples, individuals, families and co-parents who are seeking greater harmony and satisfaction in their relationships as well as improvement in the quality of their lives. I can help you to break unhealthy cycles and develop new ways of interacting with others that can lead to greater connectedness and fulfillment.
Helping others has always been a passion of mine. After a successful career in business management and training, I pursued additional education in order to transition into the field of Counseling. My goal is to facilitate empowerment for my clients to help them adopt new approaches and interpretations of experiences while reducing or eliminating the struggles and challenges that are affecting the quality of their lives.
I ascribe to an integrated approach to counseling depending upon the unique needs and preferences of each client. I utilize theory and techniques from:
Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
Solutions-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
Cognitive/Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Family Systems Therapy
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Georgia State University
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Argosy University
- Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Georgia
- Nationally Certified Counselor
- Experience working in a private practice setting helping couples, families and individuals
- Completed Counseling internship and worked as PRN Counselor and Group facilitator at Inpatient Substance AbuseTreatment Center helping individuals suffering from addiction and substance abuse issues
- Completed post-graduate externship training in EFT couples therapy
- Advanced EFT training on Restoring Broken Bonds: EFT & Healing Relationship Betrayals
- Completed continuing education certificates in Couples Therapy, Affairs in Couples Therapy, Narcissism, Entitlement & Grandiosity in Couples Therapy, and Love Cycles, Fear Cycles from The Woodsfellow Institute for Couples Therapy in Atlanta, GA
Carrie Hirst Licensed Professional Counselor, MA, LPC, NCC
Don't be shy. Our therapists are here to help you and are pleased to hear from you.
Feel free to ask for what you want... an appointment, a consultation or simply a response to a question. Keep it short, 200 words or less, this is just an initial contact.
Remember to double check your return email address or your phone number if you prefer to be called.